Monday 4 August 2014

The Graveyard Book Volume One



The Graveyard Book Volume One
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of Bloomsbury

As a huge Neil Gaiman fan, I leapt at the chance to get my hands on this particular book to review!
We join Bod from the first threat on his life through to the Macabray Dance, where this volume ends.

I am really pleased I can put all fans fears to rest and say, don't worry guys, the graphic novel adaption keeps the feel of the novel and the original text! Plenty of creepiness abounds, but I mean...it's a good creepy?

The different illustrators sections blended together well and makes for smooth reading, with no jarring differences throwing you off.

The story is just as engaging in this format as it is in the actual book, I think there's lots of scenes you imagined when you where reading the book, and looking at them in the graphic novel it's more or less how you pictured it!

This is a truly beautiful novel, and one that will need to be in any fans collection, I myself can't wait for volume 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...