Tuesday 24 February 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Heroines

Okay, so this is my first time doing Top Ten Tuesday, and I probably picked the hardest week to join, I mean...10....how can I narrow it down!? You're probably about to see a certain pattern in genre now haha! This is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish! I'd have linked them in the little title picture below, but I'm technologically challenged and couldn't work it out....sorry!






(In no particular order by the way, I'd be here all week if I did that!)

1. Celaena Sardothien- Throne Of Glass
Okay, so the Throne Of Glass books are one of my favourite series, and I love them so much, and Celaena was just too awesome, and I loved her from the first page. I can't wait to see what happens to her next and where she goes. I pretty much want to be her to be honest, she has mad fighting skills. 

2. Lucy Hamilton- The Drake Chronicles
Lucy, oh Lucy, how I love you, she's badass, she has hilarious aim, and she makes me laugh out loud in public places, and refuses to be a damsel in distress. I'm waiting for the day she gets her own spin off with baited breath! 

3. Alexandria Andros- The Covenant
So I'm not quite sure how to word this, but I think this is one of the first YA's I read, I stumbled on it on Amazon along with Drake Chronicles, and I instantly loved not only the books, but Alex as well. I loved Alex instantly because she's a badass, but she's not perfect and it made her more real, not to mention the fact that she is the snark Queen. And the way she can just take all the shit that's thrown at her and ultimately carry on. 

4. Daenerys Targaryen- Game Of Thrones
I love Dany, not just cos you know....dragons, but because when we first meet her she's a young girl, pushed around by everyone else, and through the course of the books so far you see her grow and change, and become this ultimate badass who's freeing people, and she has her dragons and she's gonna burn her way to the throne. 

5. Gwen Frost- Mythos Academy
So the last book in the series was on NetGalley and I got to review it so I pretty much read all the books in one go. I love the books and I love Gwen, she doesn't take shit from anyone, and she's witty and funny, and just awesome. I'm sure there's a pattern emerging here....snarky badasses. 

6. Isabelle Lightwood- The Mortal Instruments
Ah Isabelle, not the main character of the story, but my favourite nonetheless. This could be slightly because my friends have told me that I look like her, but she was my Queen throughout all the  books. She kills demons wearing high heels, like hello....awesome. She's badass through and through, but also has a vulnerable side, and she's perfect omg. 

7. Sydney Sage- Bloodlines
I love Sydney, quite possibly more than I love Rose from the series this book series is a spin off from. Yes I said it. She's smart, witty, and she cracks me up, and I have like the last three books left to read that I haven't got round to yet, and I can't wait to see her stick it to the Alchemists. 

8. Kylie Galen- Shadow Falls
This was a hard one because I had to choose between Kylie and Della, and I love both, but Kylie I did read first so here we are. In the beginning I thought she was kind of useless and was a bit like ugh can we not, but then I grew to love her as she changed and became stronger and stood up for herself and dealt with all the crap in her life while being kinda badass with the ghost sensing skills. 

9. Megan Chase- The Iron Fey
Megan is another one of those characters that you loved from the beginning, and watched develop in to a totally awesome character who takes no shit and does what needs to be done. I loved how strong she was and how she ended up being the one rescuing Ash at one point, and what she did to save everyone. 

10. Paige Mahoney- The Bone Season
Paaiiiiggeeee....I instantly loved her and connected to her, she's everything I love, strong, badass and willing to do what's necessary. She doesn't take shit, and she keeps on going and trying no matter what happens. She also makes me chuckle! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh I forgot about Paige! I have Celaena and Dany on my list too. I'm going to have to get around to reading all the other books in your list, I love a good heroine!
    strupag.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah give them a go! I promise you won't be disappointed!

      Delete
  2. This was my first week doing TTT too! Sadly I haven't read any of the books on your list! I'll have to check them out for sure. Great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay I'm not the only one! Doooo iiiittt! They're all really good, I promise!

      Delete
  3. Love your choices! Daenerys also made my list. She's ruthless, feisty and determined. She's walked through the fire and came out the other side stronger and more powerful. Plus she's the mother of dragons. I just LOVE her character. I think Celaena has made everyones list today! I love how she's this strong, deadly assassin but she also has a softer side that we get to witness now and again. She loves books too so it's hard not to love her! Great list :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much love for those two in particular, if Dany doesn't end up on the Iron Throne I'm gonna be so annoyed! I miss Celaena, I need the next book now!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...