Tuesday 24 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books From Our Kids/Teen Years

More specifically this is the ten books from my childhood/teen years that I want to revisit! There's never a time when I don't want to re-read books, Harry Potter should be on here, but I frequently re-read it so on my account, it doesn't count! haha


I'm going to pick ONE Meg Cabot, maybe two, I pretty much read every Meg Cabot book ever when I was a kid/teen and I always want to go back to them but don't have time, but so this list isn't all Meg Cabot I'm only gonna pick two...or one haha

1. Love You To Death- Meg Cabot
This is the first book in The Mediator series, and I believe it's now called Shadowlands, but I read these and loved them, and I've had the urge to re-read them for ages, but I haven't had the time! It was literally such a good series, with the romance and the ghosts and the mystery and the action and omg so perfect! 

2.  Sammy Keyes and The Hotel Thief- Wendelin Van Draanen
This is another series, and I remember going to Borders and buying the first two, and sitting in school during "form time" and "quiet reading time" reading this because another girl was talking about them. GoodReads also informed me that there's like 18 books in the series and I DEFINITELY didn't read that many! I think I lost track of them and then was more interested in YA. Sadly I'm also 90% sure I no longer have the books, so I think I'm gonna have to go to the library! 

3. Alpha Force- Chris Ryan
Okay, so this s another series, but EVERYONE at my school was reading them so of course I had to read them, and I loved them a ridiculous amount, I haven't read them in ages though, and I really need to find time to re-read them because they where a pretty good package of elements, action...fun...humour...I still insist this needs to be a TV show! 

4. Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging- Louise Rennison
We've all read this right? I mean most of us must have! Another book that everyone was obsessed with when I was at school, and I think I've read all of them except for like....the last two or three or something, they where just a load of fun, and they're nice and light so it'd be good to get a chance to read them again! 

5. The Diamond of Drury Lane- Julia Golding
I read these as a kid, and they where so perfect, you bought them as hardback and they have the prettiest covers you have ever seen! Although I was so gutted that book 6 came as a paperback with entirely different covers, because my entire set is all the pretty hardbacks and I was sad. So yeah. I'm 22 and I would still read another book in this series if the author does one! 

6. The Wee Free Men- Terry Pratchett
This was the first Terry Pratchett book I ever read, closely followed by the second book, and then The Amazing Maurice. I just loved this one, it made me laugh, I'm ploughing through Discworld but I kinda wanna just go back and read these books again! 

7. Septimus Heap- Angie Sage
So, this is a series I read as a kid, BUT I only read up to book 5, so I think I need to buy the remaining books to read them and finish off the series. And doing that would give me the perfect excuse to re-read the series....just saying.... 

8. Pulling Princes- Tyne O'Connell
So this is a set of 4 books all together, stumbled across them in Borders I think, read them while I was a teen, and I'm still so sad there isn't another book in the series! I'd love for there to be more books! This was one of my favourite series and I keep meaning to re-read it because they're a good laugh and just light and funny really! 

9. Hush, Hush- Becca Fitzpatrick
I was so obsessed with this series when I was a teen and I'm fairly certain that it finished when I wasn't strictly a teen but oh well. I really want to get back to this series because it was such an adventure, with so many plot twists and turns and some pretty colourful characters! Also I heard there might be a movie, and that's making me twitchy haha 

10. Matilda- Roald Dhal 
I read ALL the Roald Dhal books, I even remembering buying some with book tokens from national book day, and Matilda made the list purely because it was my favourite, and while I like the film, it's not quite the same as the book, so I need to get around to re-reading the book at some point in the future! 

8 comments:

  1. I've not read any of these, not even Matilda! I need to rectify that!
    strupag.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pulling Princes! I have never seen anyone else that has read that series before. It was such a fun series and I am getting flashbacks to fencing and rabbits. Im feeling so nostalgic. Such a great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO WAY?! Neither have I! I really need to re-read it!

      Delete
  3. Nice list! Sadly, I didn't read a lot of these, except some of Septimus Heap...and I read that more recently. But of course I think it's never too late to read some JF or early YA. :P

    Jen @ EbonyInkReviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't even, I read both aaallll the time, except for when I pretend to be an adult! ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice list of book titles in your post this week!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/03/top-10-books-from-my-childhood-or-teen.html

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY I loved Matilda! and all of Roald Dahl's other books, for that matter :-D I also loved Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging - I gave my collection away when I thought I wouldn't read them again, but I really wish I hadn't :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I did the same thing, I gave away some of my books thinking I wouldn't read them again, like unfortunate events and louise rennison and then ended up buying them again from charity shops :')

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...