Friday 20 March 2015

Unseen


Unseen
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of NetGalley

Welcome to the Kingdom of Hades, where even its prodigal princess sleeps lightly.

After fighting Soul Stealers in Detroit, Khara hoped to return home to find answers in her father's realm. But the land of the dead offers little information, and far too much tragedy. Now cut off from her brothers, and left only with her dark and unreliable companion Oz, Khara must navigate the centuries-old webs of deceit and betrayal, all while eluding the Underworld's most depraved inhabitant. But she soon finds an unexpected ally in her adopted sister Persephone. Together, they endeavor to right a terrible wrong. And as Khara soon discovers, there's more riding on her success than she ever thought possible.


So I read and reviewed the first one of this series, and I loved it, it was original and it kept me engrossed, and this one was no exception, the rich and original mythology/history/background was continued in this book and we saw more of Hades and the Underworld and learned more too. 

Unseen is a perfect continuation in other areas as well, it picks up directly after Unborn so you can jump straight back in to the story where you left off pretty much. 

Khara and Oz in this book are so perfect, I loved them and their relationship, they have chemistry and there's a tension between the two of them that carries across well and you can practically feel it! I ship them so badly! Oz is now a dark one, and has taken it upon himself to be Khara's personal protector and has even decided to be decision maker, it's quite funny and sweet and he's mildly annoying with it because you kinda wanna slap him,  but he's still a likeable character. Khara is a more likeable character this round as well, she's developed more, and has more care for her family. 

I love this series and it keeps getting better, and I love Khara's brother, and need more of them because they crack me up! I also love how Hades is her adoptive father, and with the next book, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him and seeing him and her brothers and how they all get along. As well as Persephone getting what's coming to her! What a cow. 

I wasn't sure where this was going until nearly the end of the book to be honest, although I had my suspicions about Persephone, I wouldn't have trusted her as easily as Khara did. It was still an unexpected set of baddies that came to light, and it was totally awesome seeing the Gods and stuff. I'm undecided about Deimos to be honest, I can't decide what his deal is, who's side he's on and so on. 

This is a fantastic sequel that matches it's predecessor in awesome, and it's generally a fantastic series. It's original, it's unique, it's got character's that jump out from the page, and a ship that you're still waiting to get their act together! Not to mention Hades is kinda cool. Bless him. I'm excited to see what's going to happen next and where the story is going to go next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...