Tuesday 22 December 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year

The question should be "What books DON'T I want Santa to leave under my tree". Seriously you have no idea how hard it was to narrow down just TEN. There's so many books I'm after, I collect all the leather and cloth bounds and the Word Cloud Classics so I tried to pick an interesting selection to intrigue you all that wasn't all classics in various forms! I restrained myself and only put down ONE leatherbound! 

1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Illustrated Edition
I STILL don't own this because I'm completely rubbish and behind the times! I need it in my life because Harry Potter is my favourite. Well. One of them! 

2. Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman 
This has been on my wishlist for a while, everything about it screams "hell yes!" I really do need to just finally get hold of it! 

3. These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
This was a stumble upon find, thanks to GoodReads recommendations. It really appeals to me and everyones been raving about it so I figure...why wait! Hope for a Christmas miracle haha 

4. In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
Do I even need to explain this? I stupidly read the first one without owning this one and the second one, so I've got the second one but I need to get this one and the novella bind up before I can finish the series! I refuse to live through the cliff hanger torture. 

5. Obsession by Jennifer L Armentrout
I can hear the gasps of shock and betrayal. Yes guys. I have failed on an epic scale and I still do not own this book. Let's move swiftly on......

6. Frankenstein Clothbound
So like I said, I collect clothbounds as well as the English Library ones and ya know...the classics deluxe. Because I collect anything book shaped and pretty. This is one of the clothbounds that I DON'T have and Halloween increased my lust for this book. I also saw a Penguin leather-bound version of it that will make it's way on my list at some point! 

7. An Atlas of Tolkien
Hellooooooo Tolkien. It's not official, but it's pretty and it matches my Tolkien Dictionary! Gimme gimme.  

8. Assassin's Apprentice Special Edition
I freaking love Assassin's Apprentice, it's the first and only trilogy of Robin Hobb's that I've read and I really need to get round to grabbing and reading the others, but you all know how TBR's are! Anyway, I collect pretty books and one of my favourite books in a pretty edition....say no more! 

9. Bulfinch's Mythology Leather-bound
This is the one leather-bound I allowed myself to choose! It makes sense considering my fascination with all kinds of mythology doesn't it!? 

10. Heidi Puffin in Bloom
So I recently discovered these editions from Puffin, when they released the Alice in Wonderland edition. I will have to collect them all, because I can't resist, but I chose Heidi because I don't actually own an edition of it, but I have actually read it! 

SO those are my picks for this week! We've all learned that I collect everything under the sun that is book shaped and good looking, and we've also learned that I can, in actual fact, exercise some self restraint as evidenced by the fact I selected one, and only one leather-bound book and clothbound book! Go me! 

Link me to your TT Tuesdays in the comments! 

2 comments:

  1. I've not heard of most of these books. I hope you get what you're wanting. Merry Christmas!

    Here's a link to my list - http://careyreads.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my husband the illustrated HP book for Christmas - it is GORGEOUS!!! Hope you do find it under your tree :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...