Tuesday 29 March 2016

The Readers Confession Book Tag

I was nominated by Naz at The Enchanted Bookcase to do this tag, and it's certainly an interesting one and I had to think over a couple of them! 

1. Have you ever damaged a book?
Uuhh, nobody kill me but I do sometimes crack the spines on my books. Like a lot of the time I leave them, or if it's a really pretty spine I leave them, but if the book is bound really tight, I have to crack the spine because otherwise it does my head in trying to read it! I used to dog ear the pages of books as well instead of using a bookmark! My Lord of The Rings and Hobbit editions are pretty battered as well, but not like...on purpose! OH and when I was younger and took books to school my mum used to write my name in them but she actually used pencil so I could rub it out so maybe that doesn't technically count? Maybe I should mention writing notes in my Jane Eyre copy for GCSE?



2. Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?
Nope. If I borrowed someone's book I'd probably be too scared to actually read it in case I accidentally cracked the spine or rumpled a page or something! I get a fair few books from the library and have never damaged one! I treat them with the utmost care!



3. How long does it take you to read a book?
It depends. Most of the time I can read books in one go and depending on the page count either a couple of hours or like a day if it's a really thick book. I read all the Iron Fey books over like 2 and a half days. If I just sit and read I'm a really fast reader, but if I have distractions it takes me longer. Like the TV usually distracts me and it takes twice as long. If I'm tired or not really in the mood it'll take me longer, if I have work to do and so on. 

4. Books that you haven't finished? 
Inkheart. I tried to read it when I was a kid and just never finished it. I really do need to actually sit and finish it! I also started Great Expectations when I was younger and never got very far. The Railway Children, the book version of Wicked...there's some others as well. I don't really like DNFing books, so I'll usually force myself to read them or like...skim read them to the end. I really need to stop doing it! 

5. Hyped/Popular books that you don't like? 
Here we go, now I'm going to become reaaallllyyy unpopular. The Raven Cycle. I read it because everyone raved, and Stiefvater's werewolf ones as well, but I just didn't get all that in to either series. Not really my thing. I haven't even read Divergent yet but after reading some things about the second book I'm not entirely sure if I'll like it. Any John Green book, We Were Liars, The Maze Runner, I mean I liked the Maze Runner well enough but I didn't love it and I won't be re-reading it any time soon if ever, Twilight, The Young Elites.....Harry Potter...NO I'M JOKING! Just trying to relieve the tensiiiion ;) But yeah, I have various reasons for each of these, and no offence if you love them, they just weren't for me! 



6. Is there a book you wouldn't tell anyone you were reading? 
Y'all know about my love of cheesy e-books right? Cheesy verging on trashy. No way in hell I'm admitting to reading any of them! I also don't really admit to reading manga all that much, I don't do currently reading photos for them. I mean I did mention that I was using my birthday money to catch up on manga, purely because regular books would actually sit on my TBR for ages and manga won't! But yeah, I don't really admit to it much, not because I'm embarrassed about reading manga, but because I don't really know anyone else who reads it or if my followers are interested in manga, I'm fairly certain I'm followed for the YA books so I don't want to shove manga in people's face! There's also a tonne of books that I wouldn't admit to reading to some of my friends who are non book readers and wouldn't get it, and they'd be like "what a weirdo". OH I mean...I never told anyone I read the novelisation of the Mummy film either hahahahaha 



7. How many books do you own?
Well, let's see....I actually counted once. But that was ages ago and I can't really remember that far back but it's gotta be like 300? Maybe less? Maybe more? I would actually count for you but there's some behind my bed that I can't get to! 



8. Are you a fast reader or a slow reader?
Fast, unless I'm in a reading slump. It also depends on my mood as well and what I'm reading. 

9. Do you like to buddy read? 
 God yes. Like I suck at it most of the time, but buddy reading is my fave! I remember buddy reading Clockwork Princess the day it came out with a couple of friends and it was the best thing ever being able to fangirl about all the little things! Buddy reading is also helping me survive some of the tougher books for the 2016 Classics Challenge. 



10. Do you read better in your head or out loud? 
In my head for sure. Whenever I read out loud, my brain is reading faster than I'm speaking so I end up like....garbling words or stumbling over things. If that makes sense. 



11. If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why? 
Hahahahaaaaa I can never do these questions, I'm too indecisive. Um, um, um...uuuhh.....um.....SIX OF CROWS. It's one of my favourites and I'll pick it because I'm obsessed with re-reading it right now. 

I nominate...
Sofia at Accio Reviews
And anyone else who wants to have a go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...