Monday 9 May 2016

Bookshelf Tour: Graphic Novels

Hey guys! 
I'm back giving you guys another mini bookshelf tour type thing! If you missed my manga one it's...here
This time round I'm showing you guys my rather measly graphic novel collection! I know a fair few of you have kinda huge graphic novel collections, so mine is pretty tiny compared to you guys! But still, you wanted to see it so here we go! 


DC are overpowering poor old Marvel, I don't really prefer one over the other in case you where wondering, it's just DC has Bombshells and the New 52 and ya know...Harley Quinn! I actually have Harley Quinn 1-26 in single issues, I need to get the bind ups from now on though, because it's easier! I'm starting to prefer getting the bind ups to the individual issues! 



I keep going on and on about this one lately, it's my latest addition you see and I'm completely in love with it! It has all my faves in it, and they're all 40's and I mean...I think I might prefer them all 40's to their regular looks! This is all about them joining up to the Bombshells unit and how they join and so on! Although I'm not entirely sure what the hell Harley is up to! 

Learn the story behind the alternate reality where the Second World War is fought by super powered women on the front lines and behind the scenes! It all begins with the stories of Bat Woman, Wonder Woman and Supergirl collection together Bombshells 1-6. 



Harley is my fave okay, I'm sure you guys know that by now, and like I said, I have all the issues of Harley's New 52 up until now, I need to actually get the bind ups and then I'm gonna just focus on bind ups instead of individual issues because frankly, I can't keep up! Although I am still getting her Little Black Book issues! Anyway, I love Harley but at points when I was reading this I was like what the hell is going on?! I felt like I was a little bit high, but then one of the characters was definitely high during this so there you go! This collects all 6 issues of the spin off series! 

Power Girl and Harley Quinn are stranded in a forgotten dimension, on the homeward of the amorous warlord Vartox! They'll sacrifice anything they have to in order to get home! Except their dignity....KIDDING! That's the first to go. This new series puts together two of DC's most unlikely allies in their first ever team up! 



Truth telling time...I haven't actually read the Spider-Man/Spidey Event that spawned this series, I just kinda dived in and went with it! I mean...I understand what's going on or has gone on and I did read Silk from the library, so I have a fair picture of things. I completely loved this, I mean Gwen as a spidey person, what things are like for her, how she's dealing with everything, Gwen herself as a character, it's all completely awesome!

Gwen Stacey is Spider Woman, but you knew that already. What you DON'T know is what friends and foes are waiting for her in the aftermath of Spider-Verse! From the fan favourite team that brought you Spider-Gwen's origin story in Edge of Spider-Verse! Collecting Spider-Gwen 1-5. 



Okay, so a friend of mine kept bugging me until I got this and read it and I'm so glad that they did because I completely loved it! It's funny, it's imaginative, it has a brilliant storyline and it's a lot of fun, not to mention the brilliant art! I believe it's been described as having a Lord of The Rings world on crack and I think I agree with that, there's fighting and monsters and ya know...sass and sorcery. 

Who are the Rat Queens? A pack of booze guzzling, death dealing battle maidens for hire, and they're in the business of killing all god's creatures for profit. It's also a darkly comedic sass-and-sorcery series starring Hannah The Rockabilly Elven Mage, Violet The Hipster Dwarven Fighter, Dee The Atheist Human Cleric and Betty The Hippy Smidgen Thief. 



As an ex avid viewer of Most Haunted, and lover of Supernatural, I couldn't not pick up a graphic novel called Ghosted with a first volume titled Haunted Heist. I found this suitably creepy, with plenty of humour, and some interesting art to it. I really need to pick up the other volumes because this first was brilliant, I mean...a heist in a haunted house, what could go wrong!?!

Jackson T Winters is one of the greatest criminal masterminds to ever live...except he's rotting in jail after his last doomed score. But when a filthy rich collector breaks Winters out, he's tasked to put together an elite team of paranormal experts to do the impossible: steal a ghost from a haunted house of horrors! 



I will admit, I didn't find myself liking this one as much as I thought I would, or as much as the other ghost related graphic novel above. However, it wasn't too bad, and I'm interested in checking out the rest of the series to see what happens next, I think I just found this first volume to be a bit boring. The synopsis sounded brilliant and I've seen people raving about it, but it didn't really match up to my expectations! 

After a tragic encounter with an artefact known as "The Dreamstone", infamous treasure hunter Fabian Gray is possessed by five literary ghosts and granted access to their unique abilities. 



This is the first volume of the New 52 Wonder Woman and is the one I was recommended to read, and I completely loved it! Wonder Woman is one of my faves okay, and I loved everything about this book of hers. The art, the story, everything. I really, really need to catch up on this one, because I'm SO behind it's not even funny!

Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons, has kept a secret from her daughter all her life- and when Wonder Woman learns who her father is, her life will shatter like brittle clay. The only one more shocked than Diana by this revelation? Bloodthirsty Hera- so why is her sinister daughter, Strife, so eager for the truth to be told? 



In case you didn't know...I am a HUGE fan of Arrow. Before all I had known was Batman and Christian Bale and Harley Quinn and The Joker and the Arkham Games. Arrow showed me the light and hit me with a load of new characters from the DC universe that I found I wanted to check out! I picked up this particular volume because I heard that it was what was used for Arrow, or what Arrow was based on or some such thing, and I was intrigued to see what the show had done with it. It's different...although in the current season I'm seeing some of this! Just a little bit though! If you're an Arrow fan and don't know where to start with the comics...I'd go for this first! But then...I'm sure someone who knows more about comics/graphic novels can instruct you better! 

How did socialite Oliver Queen become the brave hero known as Green Arrow? Find out in this TPB collecting the 6 issue origin miniseries. Explore Ollie's time on the island where he's forced to fight for his life against dangerous drug dealers and find his true calling as one of the DCU's bravest heroes. 



Batman obsessed as I am, it's shocking that this is the only Batman volume that I have. It really is. To be fair Court of Owls has been sitting on my list for ages, I'm just fussy and want the expensive one with the mask because why not!? Anyway, I picked this up when I spotted it in my local comic shop, because I've heard people raving about this and I found this to really live up to the hype. The art was amazing, it was creepy, and it's definitely one of my favourites! 

One of the greatest Batman stories ever told, Batman Arkham Asylum is celebrating its 25th anniversary already! The inmates of Arkham Asylum have taken over Gotham's detention center for the criminally insane on April Fools Day, demanding Batman in exchange for their hostages. Accepting their demented challenge, Batman is forced to endure the personal hells of the Joker, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Two-Face and many other sworn enemies in order to save the innocents and retake the prison. 

And there we have my very small graphic novel collection! Have you guys read any of these? What did you think of them? Can you rec me anymore!? This is it for now with the whole bookshelf show and tell thing, but if there's any of my other collections you'd like to see, let me know and I'll do a post on it! Leatherbounds? Word Cloud Classics? English Library? Any of those? Or something! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...