Tuesday 18 October 2016

Spooktober Review: The Nightmare Before Christmas


Hey guys! 
I've got a totally cool review for today and I was so excited to get to be able to review it, it's literally made my week or possibly my month! *Drum roll*....


Yep, that's right folks! The Nightmare Before Christmas! Written and Illustrated by Tim freaking Burton! I've given it 5/5 because this book is totally gorgeous, I can't even. Seriously, children, teens, young adults, adults, vampires, zombies, Oogie Boogie, Zero..everyone's gonna love this book! It's perfect for both Halloween and Christmas, and it's instantly lodged itself on my favourite books list! I have a feeling I'll be pulling it off of my shelf at Christmas to have a read, I've already read it multiple times since I received it in the post! Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favourite films to watch at this time of year, and at Christmas and I had NO idea that it was a book! 

I'm reliably informed that this book came before the film, and it's full of exclusive, never before seen original sketches from Tim Burton! I also believe that this book hasn't been published over here before, it has in the US but not here, and this 20th anniversary edition is just.....so pretty. So damn pretty. I have a need to have multiple illustrations from the book framed, prints from this book totally need to be a thing! 

Obviously the book came before the film, and it's a short book, so the film has lots of scenes and things that aren't from the book, but the main point of the plot of the film is here in the book, told in a beautifully lyrical way! And as I keep saying....stunning illustrations! This is definitely a must for fans of Burton and Nightmare Before Christmas, no matter the age! 

I took some photos of some of the illustrations and pages from the book, so you guys could sneak a peek! Enjoy....










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...