Friday 17 March 2017

Light Novel: Konosuba


Konosuba Vol 1
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy 
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher!

Game loving shut-in Kazuma Sato's life as a young schoolboy in Japan abruptly comes to an early end...or at least it was supposed to. When he opens his eyes, though, he sees a beautiful goddess that offers him a once in an after-lifetime chance to be reborn in a parallel world. The catch is that the world is violent and threatened by a growing evil! Fortunately, he can choose any one thing to bring with him. So he chooses the goddess, Aqua! And so his adventure with his gorgeous companion begins--if he could just get enough money and food to survive, keep his goddess out of trouble, and avoid grabbing the attention of the Demon King's army! 

So, I've read volume 1 of the manga and I loved it, it was light and funny and entertaining and I'm so excited for volume 2! I was intrigued to see how different the light novel was and the anime is on my watch list over on Crunchyroll! 

First off, I loved the full page, full colour illustrations at the beginning of this book! They where so pretty to look at! There where brilliant illustrations throughout actually, but the full colour ones where bright and eye catching and you know...colourful! There where also some fun character profiles at the beginning that provided a chuckle before you'd even started to read! 

Like the manga, the light novel is very funny, and I'm not sure if it officially is...but it feels like a send up of the whole fantasy RPG world genre! Konosuba is such a fun read, and I found myself shaking my head as I was reading, because some things where just so ridiculously silly. There's a steady pace to it, it starts off slow as we get to know the world and as the characters come together, but then the pace picks up and things start to kick off. 

From what I can tell from the one volume, the light novel is different to the manga. Obviously there is more depth in the light novel, more information to be found! There's also more content in the light novel, some of which isn't in the manga as far as memory serves me! At this stage, I'm not sure how much of a bearing it's going to have on the series! For all I know, the content from this volume of the light novel that hasn't been in the manga, could be because it's just not in Volume 1 of the manga! So we'll see! 

Overall, the KonoSuba light novel is a light, easy and entertaining read. It's a lot of fun, and the characters are hilariously interesting. Like Darkness for example! It can definitely lift your mood, and I can't wait to see what adventures the group get up to next! 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...