Thursday 16 March 2017

Manga: Rokka Braves Of The Six Flowers


Rokka: Braves of The Six Flowers
Rating: 4/5 
Buy or Borrow: Buy 
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

When the world is threatened with destruction, six chosen heroes will rise to save it. One of them is Adlet Meyer--who calls himself "the strongest man in the world." But when he answers the call to assemble with the other heroes and face the darkness, there are not six heroes, but seven. Who is the traitor in their midst? 

I'm so intrigued by this series! I was attracted by the cover art, and the whole "six heroes but oopsie, there's seven" bit! As I started to read...I became more and more intrigued. Our six braves are chosen by the Goddess of Fate and their goal is to defeat the Demon God. We start out with Adlet, who swiftly meets up with Fremy. Turns out someones killing off the braves. Once the culprit is revealed and dealt with, we soon meet up with the other braves, but something's gone wrong. As our group try to work out how to fix the situation so they can, you know...go and kill the Demon God, it becomes apparent that there's one extra Brave. But who is it? Suspicion swiftly falls on poor old Adlet who I'm fairly sure is innocent unless there's a huge plot twist! 

Right from the start, I was interested to know more about the world, its history and so on. From my perspective, we jumped right in, and there's a lot to take in. It's a bit confusing at the start, and I'm tempted to watch the anime to see if it explains things further. But the pace is fast, and there's plenty of action from the start. I was definitely left wanting more at the end, and kinda desperate for the next volume because poor Adlet was fleeing for his life and then it's like "....until next time folks!". 

I liked the art, I loved the characters, they're an interesting bunch and I'm intrigued to know more about them. They're all different from each other, with their own vibrant personalities. I really enjoyed the mystery aspect that was coming in to play at the end, trying to work out who the imposter is and how the barrier was triggered! My problem is that I'm really sure that the one character I don't like is a legitimate Brave, which means the ones I really like are all suspect! 

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by Adlet and his reliance on his brain and his wits rather than his strength. With the whole "he's the strongest man in the world" thing I was expecting someone completely different to the Adlet that actually showed up in the manga! So far he's been smart, sneaky and done his best to protect a fellow Brave and get everyone to work together...until it all went wrong of course! 

This was a great start to the series, and it's piqued my interest right from the start! I'm desperate for answers, so I can't wait for volume 2 to be released! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...