Tuesday 11 April 2017

Review: The Island At The End of Everything


The Island at the End of Everything
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy!
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Ami lives with her mother on an island where the sea is as blue as the sky. It’s all she knows and loves, but the arrival of malicious government official Mr Zamora changes her world forever: her island is to be made into a colony for lepers. Taken from her mother and banished across the sea, Ami faces an uncertain future in an orphanage. There she meets a honey-eyed girl named for butterflies, and together they discover a secret that will lead her on an adventure home. Ami must go back to the island of no return, but will she make it in time? 

You guys this book is stunning, both inside and out. I'm really not sure I can accurately review this to tell you guys how much you need this book! It was just so, so good! 

I completely loved the authors writing, her imagery and descriptions where beautiful, I loved how everything kind of circled around and came together for the ending. I genuinely was sitting reading the ending getting all choked up and at the same time kind of bouncing up and down in my seat like yaaaaayy! 

I loved Ami, Mari and Kidlat, I loved the three of them together and I loved them individually. I loved the friendship that formed between them, they kind of had a Three Musketeers vibe going on with the boat escape and everything. I was on the edge of my seat for that, and the scenes following that! 

Sad as it is to say, I liked being surprised by the characters that where kind. There where a couple that I thought where going to be nasty and they ended up being such great, kind characters. Having said that. I hated Zamora from the start. Like I really, really hated him. He was definitely unhinged and I was waiting and waiting for someone to deal with him or for him to get what was coming to him but nope. Never happened. Like I know that's how life is, but...I just really hated him. Really. 

The Island at the End of Everything is such a beautifully written, well researched, emotional book that I really think everyone needs to read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...