Monday 8 May 2017

Review: Fire In You


Fire In You
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Jillian Lima’s whole world was destroyed in a span of a few hours. The same night her childhood love, Brock ‘the Beast’ Mitchell, broke her heart, her life was irrevocably altered by the hand of a stranger with a gun. It takes six years to slowly glue together the shattered pieces of her life, but Jillian is finally ready to stop existing in a past full of pain and regret. She takes a job at her father’s martial arts Academy and she’s going out on her first date since a failed relationship that was more yuck than yum. Jillian is determined to start living.

She just never expected Brock to be a part of her life again. But he’s firmly back in her life before she knows it, and not only is he older, he’s impossibly more handsome, more teasing and more everything. And when he sees Jillian, he’s no longer capable of thinking of her as the little girl who was his shadow growing up or the daughter of the man who gave him a second chance at life. He sees the woman who’d always been there for him, the one person who believed in him no matter what.

Brock knows she’s the one he should’ve made his, and what begins as a tentative friendship quickly turns to red-hot chemistry that sparks a flame that burns brighter than lust. Falling for Brock again risks more than her heart, because when the past sorrow-filled and guilt-ridden past resurfaces, and a web of lies threatens to rip them apart, the fallout could lay waste to everything they’ve fought to build together, and destroy the dreams of those they care most about. 


I loooveeee Jennifer! As you all know she's one of my favourite authors, and I've read all of her YA books! Her contemporary adult romance books are a new find for me, and I'm eagerly working my way through all of them! This is my first from this series, and it's made me excited to get to the other books and read the story behind all the other couples! Knowing Jennifer, she's probably linked them all together perfectly, and if I had read the others, I would point out all the little links! 

I love friends to lovers stories, and this one was soooo good! I love how it was given some real meat to the story with the events from Jillians past and how she had to move past it and how it effects her still. I love the slow burn romance, I love how Brock wouldn't give up, bless him. I loved how they helped each other overcome things from their past and move past it. 

I really loved watching Jillian and Brocks relationship throughout the book, and I was cheering by the end! They where so sweet together. I really related to Jillian, I think we've all had a crush on someone like Brock at some point in life. So it was easy to relate to her emotions about it all. She was such a brilliantly created character, she could have become a bitter person after everything that happened to her but she wasn't and aaahhh I loved her. Then there's Brock. I loved Brock. I was cheering for Brock like "don't let me down dude!" 

Fire in You is an at times emotional read, that also has some funny moments, not to mention a brilliant romance that will bring the warm and fuzzies and have you cheering for the couple! I loved the characters and I loved the writing and how a romance was given some emotional punch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...