Wednesday 5 July 2017

Manga: No Game No Life, Please!


No Game No Life, Please! Vol 1
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

In a world where everything is decided by games, adorable (but foulmouthed) Izuna Hatsuse is a young Werebeast girl who wants to learn more. As she follows Sora, Shiro, and the others, what answers will she find for herself? LET THE GAMES BEGIN! 

Okaaaay so, I haven't read all of No Game No Life, but I know most of the story. This is a spin off from the main story and to be honest...I didn't find it at all difficult to slide in to the world. You guys.....Izune is so cute. So very, very cute. But so very, very foul mouthed. I loved it. It actually made me chuckle once or twice, as well as you know....sitting there all "oh no she diiiiidn't". I actually really enjoyed having such an unusual main character! I'm so intrigued by her and intrigued to see where her story goes! 

Obviously Sora and Shiro make an appearance, and I know who they are, there are a few other characters that I'm sure pop up in the main story, but I'm getting to know them in this side story and I'm so intrigued by multiple characters. I'm also more intrigued than ever by Shiro and Sora and I feel a need to get the rest of the NGNL volumes! 

I really liked the world, it was such an interesting one and I love how it worked. I couldn't help but picture what our world would be like with the same rules. Still can't decide if it would be a good thing or not! The chapters are fun and the art is adorable and equally fun. There's plenty of fun additional material, which I'm a sucker for! A short story and some four panels that add to the volume and characters. 

This volume moves at a good pace, acquainting you with the characters and the world...or reacquainting as the case may be. There's also a nice big bombshell at the end of the volume that intrigues you for the next volume! Whether or not you've read the main series, this is an enjoyable read, and certainly provides plenty of intrigue both about the direction of this story and about the main story! Izuna makes for a refreshing main character too, I have to say! 

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...