Friday 8 September 2017

Review: The Crowns Of Croswald


The Crowns of Croswald
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy!
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

In Croswald, the only thing more powerful than dark magic is one secret… 

For sixteen years Ivy Lovely has been hidden behind an enchanted boundary that separates the mundane from the magical. When Ivy crosses the border, her powers awaken. Curiosity leads her crashing through a series of adventures at the Halls of Ivy, a school where students learn to master their magical blood and the power of Croswald’s mysterious gems. When Ivy’s magic––and her life––is threatened by the Dark Queen, she scrambles to unearth her history and save Croswald before the truth is swept away forever.


I was lucky enough to be sent this awesome box with a copy of this book and some other little bits and pieces to do with the book, so I've been so ready to sit down and read this ever since then and I wasn't disappointed! I had a lot of fun matching the items to the story and seeing what role they played! 

The Crowns of Croswald has an incredibly intriguing and mysterious opening. The book itself is atmospheric and vivid....and plenty magical, I'm not going to lie. I got some serious Harry Potter vibes the entire time I was reading but this is also very different from HP. It's imaginative, and has lots of little quirks and it's just a downright fun read! 

There's a fun cast of characters throughout the book. I was intrigued by Derwin in the prologue and even more so when he popped up again throughout the story, I'm hoping to see more of him in the next book! Ivy, our main character, is relatable and I rooted for her every step of the way! Rebecca, Ivy's BFF, was brilliantly fun and I'd love to see loads more of her in future books. And then there's Fyn. He was actually quite sweet, and I loved his developing friendship with Ivy, I shipped them pretty badly! As for Damaris. Let's just say I disliked her. 

There are some brilliantly woven plot threads to create the story with mystery, romance and intrigue all woven in, in the right amounts. The romance didn't outweigh the mystery and intrigue, is basically what I'm saying! The history to the world is fascinating and I'd be intrigued to learn more about it and have the world built up a little bit more! There where some slower patches, but overall I found myself really enjoying this book! 

Everything came together so perfectly, the pace picked up and we had everything leading towards an exciting finale. But that's not all...there was a nice little reveal at the end of the book, along with a plot twist that has me excited to read the second book in the series. It looks like we'll be getting to see more of the world, which I'm excited about it for sure! Plus I'm hoping we'll get some more information on Ivy's family and her magic! If you're looking for something a little bit different, plus a light and fun read...then this is the book for you! 


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...