Wednesday 11 October 2017

Manga: The Devil Is A Part-Timer Vol 10


The Devil is a Part-Timer Vol 10
Rating: 3/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

The Devil goes digital!

Repairs to Devil's Castle, Maou's one-bedroom apartment in Japan, are complete--and now it's outfitted with an all-new HD socket! The Devil King's never owned a TV before, so once he's armed himself with all the knowledge he needs, he's off to the electronics outlet. With Lucifer the only one home, what will happen when a certain angel makes an unexpected visit...?


Okaaayyy so this volume is a little slow, we're obviously still setting up for the next big story arc. Everyone's settling back in to town in this volume, and not much really happens, I'm not going to lie. There's some fun little bonus chapters at the end, and as usual, this volume made me chuckle over and over! 

Gabriel...he annoys the hell out of me mmmmkay? Plus he provides some sinister news. I think we're going to be seeing more of him. *sigh* Poor old Lucifer is forever being picked on. But he is super relatable. He got the same reaction that I get when I try to explain Pokemon go to people...over a certain age, shall we say. I couldn't help but chuckle! We also get a wee bit more background on him, which was nice because he's totally my favourite! 

Maou is determined this volume, he will finally have a TV! Can't blame him for wanting one, he clearly wants to catch up on Supernatural. Ashiya ends up calling in Rika for help, and Rika has a little bit of a crush on Ashiya, and I actually kind of ship them, it's totally cute and it's going to be hilarious because I have a feeling Ashiya is going to be completely oblivious! 

All in all, volume 10 provides more humour, and some cute, fun scenes! While not much does happen, we're clearly setting up and getting ready for the next story arc, I kinda wish this volume and volume 9 had been combined in to one! Hopefully things will get more exciting next volume! This was a bit more slice of life than supernatural action! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...