Thursday 9 November 2017

Manga: Heroic Legend of Arslan 7


Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

After being diverted in the sandy kingdom of Sindhura, Arslan's party becomes entangled in a war of succession. Arslan may have new allies in Prince Rajendra and the warrior Jaswant, but are they truly worthy of his trust? The bitter conflict between Rajendra and his tyrannical brother, Gadhevi, has fostered paranoia across the nation of Sindhura. In this tense climate, is Arslan safe with a new friend, or is he merely a pawn?

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like I've been waiting forever for this volume!? Like I genuinely can't remember when I read the last volume...but I've been so eager to get this in to my hot little hands and I pretty much read it straight away! And then you know...it left me wanting more and with a long wait for the next volume! 

In this volume, we're all about tricking Rejendra and out manoeuvring him....in order to form an alliance with him. Sounds tricky right? But Narsus is on the case so you know he's got a super intelligent plan to make it happen. He's a scary genius. I love the way all the plots and plans are written and come out over the course of the volume, it's very well done and very well thought out, I have to say! 

Some of the reaction drawings in this volume....they're priceless. Like so freaking hilarious, particularly Gieve at points! I really did see some FMA style in those, I have to say! Even Asrael the bird got some reaction shots! The battles are drawn brilliantly, and they're portrayed in a manner that has you on the edge of your toes and doesn't shy away from showing the brutality in it. 

There's plenty of humour to go with the action and battles and dire situations, this volume it mostly comes in the form of Gieve, my favourite character! He's hilariously threatened by Rajendra and there's a drinking competition and he's basically like a child at points. Daryun is a little bit funny at points too. 

A character familiar to everyone from the anime finally makes his appearance this volume, Jaswant! I'm intrigued to see if he'll be any different or if his character growth will be any different! There's a few little differences from the anime that I've picked up, but from what I remember from the anime...it hasn't changed that much! 

The plot continues to move at a steady pace with Silver Mask seemingly taking a backseat for this story arc and Arslan is starting to question himself and who he really is. This volume is heavy with the strategising and the battles, something I love as it's incredibly well done in this manga! We have multiple fights to keep you hooked, with a few comic moments, and we're inching closer to a confrontation with Rajendra's brother which should be quite spectacular! Especially as I don't trust Rajendra further than I can throw him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...