Friday 22 December 2017

Manga: Aoharu x Machinegun 8


Aoharu x Machinegun Vol 8
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

"We, Star White, will stand with Toy Gun Gun."Star White suddenly shows up to join in on the fight against 11 DOGs. When Midori suggests that they temporarily team up, Matsuoka agrees to the plan. What will come of the counter battle that faces the two-man cells of Tachibana and Ichi, Yukimura and Fujimoto, and Matsuoka and Midori!? And what kind of difficult past does Matsuoka share with Midori and Yukimura...? 

As you'll remember from the end of the last volume, Midori has stuck his oar in to Toy Gun Gun's battle with 11 Dogs and the rest of his team get to make quite the badass entrance this volume. I've never cheered or thought I'd be cheering for Star White to be honest. Although I have been looking forward to Star White and Toy Gun Gun teaming up this volume! 

It was interesting to see Midori and Masamune working together as a team, and how they interact with each other considering everything we've learned about the two of them so far. We even get some more flashbacks this volume that fill in some gaps in Masamune and Yukimura's friendship and past and how Yukimura got in to survival games...as well as showing some more of Midori and Masamune's relationship. I loved how the past and the present where woven together this volume, we get shown things as they become relevant to the story! 

Haruki cracks me up every single time, I'm not going to lie. Meanwhile Ichi and Tachibana are....bonding?! Could we have a new friendship? I hope so because I loved the interactions between the two of them this volume! I actually really like Fujimoto and he helps out Yukimura readily enough! The team up allows Tachibana and Yukimura to learn about what they lack and need to improve on and how to do it from the members of Star White without it being a huge obvious training/improvement move, if that makes sense. It's subtle. It helps the characters we love to improve and develop and gives us some action and fun. Plus it makes it kind of hard to hate Star White and I'm actually really liking Ichi and Yukimura! Midori I have a love/hate relationship with I'm not going to lie. 

Volume 8 provides us with lots of trips down memory lane, and most interestingly we finally get some deeper backstory to Masamune...he's really being fleshed out this volume and the coming volume too by the looks of it! It kind of broke my heart if I'm honest. We'll definitely be able to understand him and his actions and reactions a lot more. I'm still waiting for the Tachibana bomb to drop though! My predictions are clearly terrible because I was sure it was this volume, but hopefully it's next volume because I'm so ready for that drama! 

There's lots of action this volume to go with the blasts from the past, there's also plenty of humour and the usual gorgeously drawn art. All of the memories have a reflection on the characters and show us how they came to be the way they are. It's a nice touch to include them at the point when our characters are growing and developing and improving more, or about to be. They're becoming better than their old selves, and this volume really shows that! 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...